Sunday 1 March 2009

Stan, Stan Our Lollipop Man

Our friend Stan,
Is a lovely man,
We’re so glad that he began,
To be our Aycliffe lollipop man.

If wasn’t for our man called Stan,
When you crossed the road you would have ran,
Or you would get run over by that delivery van,
Now we can cross the road as happy as we can.

I know a man, his name is Stan,
He waves at my brother in his pram,
He makes me laugh, and also my Nan,
Stan, I am your biggest fan.

Stan, Stan, he’s the man,
If he can’t do it nobody can,
Everyone’s a massive fan,
Of Stan, Stan, the lollipop man.

Stan, Stan, he’s the man,
He’s like my hero, Jackie Chan,
I can remember when he began,
Stan, Stan, the lollipop man.

Stan, Stan, you’re the man,
Can you fight like Jackie Chan,
Are you the man
Who can do the Can Can?

Do you have a tan,
When you drive the van?
As a lollipop man,
Everybody loves you Stan.

Stan, Stan, you’re the man,
You help us cross because you can,
Stan, Stan, we know your plan,
To dance and do the can-can man.

Stan, Stan the lollipop man,
He has Aycliffe as his gang,
He is joined by Mrs. Laing,
Stan, Stan the lollipop man.

I know a man, his name is Stan,
He’s the bestest lollipop man,
He’ll stop that car, he’ll stop that van,
‘Cos he’s the Aycliffe Drive’s main man.

I know a man his name is Stan,
He can stop a van, I know he can,
He likes to glance at a lady called Ann,
Because she has a very nice tan.

I know this guy his name is Stan,
His lollipop looks like a frying pan,
He’s a big tall funny lollipop man
I told you his name, that’s right, it’s Stan.

Stan please will you stop that van?
I want to cross to see my Nan,
Stan, Stan, you can stop the van,
Because you help the Aycliffe clan.

I know a man, his name is Stan,
He met the ‘Weakest Link’ girl Ann,
But Jackie Chan hit him with a pan,
He’s now got a very short attention span.

To get us over the road he has a plan,
He stops the lorry so that your gran,
Can cross the road safely with friendly Stan,
Thank you she says to our lollipop man.

Happy Stan is the man,
Who says a rhyme to Mrs. Laing,
I wonder does he like strawberry flan,
It could be delivered in a van.

Now let me show you the way of Stan,
I wanted to cross the road with my Gran,
Who stopped and noticed a very small van,
But Stan stopped that van, because he can.

I know that man, whose name is Stan,
He is like a Superman,
He belongs to the Hemel clan,
Because he is our Marvel man

Stan has to stop the van,
To let a young girl called Jan,
Cross the road to perform the can can,
At Aycliffe’s concert, well that’s the plan.

When I go to school I see a man,
He’s from the mighty Aycliffe clan,
He jumps around like Peter Pan,
A number one fan of Tottenham.

He will help you cross as safely as he can,
Once he met my old, old Gran,
Now, she too is a fan,
He should be in the Pentagon.

He helped my friend Susan,
And my Aunt Dianne,
She thinks he looks like Peter Pan,
Or maybe even Superman.

I know a man his name is Stan,
Truly his best mate is me, Dan,
Like me he is a Tottenham fan,
I’m really glad his job began.

He’s great this man, this man called Stan,
He uses his stick like Jackie Chan,
Something didn’t stop, it was a van,
He turned super strong like Superman.

He helped a little boy called Dan,
By using his stick as a great big fan!
Sometimes he uses it as a frying pan,
Our funny kind, friend called Stan.

I know that man whose name is Stan,
For breakfast he eats his flakes of Bran,
I think he is a Tottenham fan,Bye Bye Stan.

He’s our man.

1 comment:

chloexx said...

This poem is really really funny and very very very long but its one of the best poems i have eva made

it made me lol xxx